Anne-Sophie Reinhardt, Anti-diet Coach and Body Confidence Expert, wrote an amazing statement about the importance of self-love and self-confidence in her article, Love is Everything, Self-love is the Beginning. Her words have literally changed my life and I take this quote with me everywhere I go.
You are exactly where you need to be at this moment in time. Exactly where you’re supposed to be to do what needs to happen in your life. That thing you’ve always wanted to do – the healing, the breaking free, the forgiving, the loving your body as she is – it can happen now.
I read this Anne-Sophie’s words back in August 2017, and it has resonated with me since. It helped me see the importance of embracing who I am and all that I am. I became so passionate about the idea of me being everything that I need to be, that I declared August to be Hello Self-love Month, for me personally.
I was sick of crying myself to sleep every night, not sleeping in my bed –the bed we once shared as a couple– I was feeling low, and felt the same depressive symptoms that I felt back when I was pregnant with our daughter.
I made the commitment to myself to work on reconnecting with myself and that means writing more and more and more. I love to express myself through words and when struggling with depression, I stopped doing what I loved. I have been writing positive affirmations and they are helping me defy depression and rebuild my self-confidence, self-care, and self-esteem. Self-love is my priority and I am proud of me.
Here are 40 self-love affirmations that I have used to help remind me of my worth and I wanted to share them with you:
- I am stronger than I could ever dream or imagine because I am still here.
- I will not dim my light to make others feel comfortable.
- I love myself enough to remove toxins from my life.
- I ignore flaws and intentionally find the beauty in everything around me.
- My failures are my successes and I will be proud of me no matter what.
- I am not selfish for making myself a priority.
- I am powerful.
- My best is good enough.
- I deserve to be surrounded by those who love and respect me.
- I will not allow others to define me; I create my own definition.
- I will not settle. Ever!
- Sharing my truth makes me stronger.
- My smile deserves to be seen today.
- I will laugh my ass off as much as possible.
- I am beautiful with or without makeup.
- I am everything God designed me to be.
- I am capable. I have purpose. I will succeed.
- I am strong
- I deserve inner peace.
- My body is beautiful right now.
- I am bold, brave, and badass.
- My flaws are what make me beautiful.
- “The only approval I will ever need is mine.” -Anne-Sophie Reinhardt
- I will not be defined by myself.
- I will not compare myself to others.
- I am the standard of beauty.
- I am confident and my voice matters.
- My fears will not hold me hostage; I work through the fear.
- I will praise myself even when the accomplishment is small.
- I am worthy of love and healthy relationships.
- I am not a burden.
- I will include myself on my calendar.
- I am never an option, only a priority.
- I do not have to be strong all the time.
- Asking for help does not make me weak.
- I will not neglect myself.
- I give myself the nourishment that I need physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally.
- I will not dim my light to make others comfortable.
- I am more than enough.
- My life has value and purpose.
These affirmations are something that I continuously focus on and I have written on sticky-notes all over my home, to remind me to be grateful, to love myself, to make time for myself, and to remember my self-worth. If you are struggling to incorporate self-love into your daily routine, this is a great way to begin. Write positive affirmations in a journal, on social media, or on sticky-notes, to help you focus on the positive aspects of your life.